High School Musical Actress Vanessa Hudgens ate bat snack

Sunday, April 19, 2009

vanessa hudgens eating pizza
Saturday, 18 April 2009

Vanessa Hudgens once ate a bat.

The 'High School Musical' actress was left unimpressed after sampling an unusual dish featuring the winged mammal cooked in wine while she was on holiday.

She said: "I ate a fruit bat - it is a specialty in the Seychelles islands. They cooked it in red wine. It was really, really dark, grainy meat. It was quite frightening."

Vanessa - who is dating her 'High School Musical' co-star Zac Efron - also revealed she loves animals and is particularly interested in serpents.

The 20-year-old brunette beauty added: "I love snakes. I think they're sexy. Not in the wild, of course, but pet snakes."

Vanessa is not the first star who has confessed to eating a bizarre meal.

When 'Resident Evil' actress Milla Jovovich was pregnant in 2007 she couldn't suppress her desire for bone marrow.

She said: "I was craving bone marrow one day, and I scoured the whole of Paris searching for the leg of a cow. When I finally found what I was looking for, I cut it in half, digging out the yellowish substance, slathering it all over bread."

(C) BANG Media International